This thank you is going out to all the volunteers who helped make this years May Fete a huge success! We had one of the largest number of people in attendance in recent history, the weather cooperated, albeit a little windy, the BBQ was busier than ever and the raffle netted more than ever before. The cotton candy machine was a popular addition and the bounce house was a hit with the kids.
I would like to directly thank the following people for their wonderful efforts:
- Sarah Van Zanten- Event Coordinator and Family and Friends who handled obtaining the crafts and games, the food and soda, the raffle and tickets.
- Larry Breed and crew who bought the ribbons, cut them and re-spooled them, assembled the May Pole, attached the ribbons and the floral basket and directed the setting up of the pole, put the floral basket up, and disassembled the May Pole, long after most people were gone.
- Gary Breitbard who organized the music and the Morris dancers
- Rich Elder- stage construction
- Alan Winston- dance caller
- Hassan at Barron Park Florist & Market- provided the flowers and assembled the Flower Basket for free!
- Doug Graham- Barron Park History Display
- BPA Board member Lisa Landers-Membership Table
- BPA Board member Peter Mueller- Membership Table
- Boy Scout Troop 14 – There were 3 scouts there from 9:00am to 5:00pm to assist throughout the event. They helped with the cotton candy machine, running the activities, the food booth and taking down the tables and chairs. They were there to fund raise for a trip to Japan for the World Scout Jamboree this July.
- BBQ- John King, Karen Saxena and Gene Iwamoto
…..and of course the Donkeys and their Handlers
Gwen Luce, Coldwell Banker Real Estate
John W. King, Keller Williams Realty
Ernies Wines and Liquors
Jim Davis Automotive
Ace of Sandwiches
In Kind Donations
Barron Park Florist
Lets see everyone next year!
John W. King
Barron Park May Fete coordinator